11.26.2007

Blood Angel - Retribution



Blood Angel character I modeled and textured. This model was relatively low poly (2000 quads or so). This was my first attempt at hand painted textures from scratch.

Notes:
-For this character I didn't want a realistic look since I was doing hand painted textures.
-Textures were heavily inspired by the World of Warcraft style.
-Design and inspiration: Design stemed from wanting a hooded character which eventually evolved into an armored angel where I wanted the qualities of both angel and a grim reaper. Also the overall red scheme was to emphasis that she was a 'Blood Angel.' I supposed overall influence came from growing up with Magic:TG card illustrations.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Wow, great work for a first design of this type. Really nice textures, sexy design.