12.07.2007

Tabi - Low Poly Model (WIP)





Okay so I decided to upload some work in progress screen caps of how the textures for this guy is coming along. There is no lighting on this guy, he's at 100% illumination with just the diffuse map, all hand painted. I hope you don't mind the mirrored textures, the final version won't have so much mirroring. No back images yet, they're mostly blocked by the backpack and tail anyways. This was my first time trying to do a furry character and I think it turned out alright so far. Obviously some areas are still unfinished and there's still a lot of details and tightening up I plan to do on the textures, so uhm... stay tuned. I guess.

Oh, and I figured out what kind of weapon I want for this character as represented in the little pencil doodle. It's basically a ball and paddle that can be sheathed. The concept is that he can smack the ball to attack enemies, or twirl to do sweeping attacks or even wrap and hold enemies with the weapon. There's also a possibility for ricochets maybe. The design can also utilize a Wii controller where you could have players mimic and time the movements to hit the ball and stuff (like baseball) or do twirls and such, just a thought.

Anyhow I hope you like! :D
-Stan

No comments: